Depending on the time you want to study in Australia, the type of visa you will have to apply will be different.
  • Study from 1 to 12 weeks
  • You cannot work
  • Application cost $ 140AUD (does not include biometrics process, application only)
  • Work permit of 40 hours per fortnight and unlimited hours on holidays. Valid as soon as you start your course, NOT before
  • You can travel in and out of Australia as long as it does not affect your attendance at the course
  • The duration of your visa depends on the duration of your course, being the maximum 5 years
  • Possibility of extension by enrolling in a new and eligible course at the end of the initial program
  • You can bring your spouse and your children at an additional cost as long under certain conditions
  • The cost of the application for this visa is $575 AUD (does not include dependants, nor biometrics, nor translations, nor medical exams)
  • For each course that you apply, your school will send you a confirmation of enrollment (CoE) once you have paid for your courses. Without this CoE you will NOT be able to apply for your visa.
  • It is necessary to have a medical insurance (OSHC) for the entire duration of your visa, starting the day you arrive in Australia until the day you leave.
  • In some cases, the Australian government requests you to prove enough funds to study in Australia, the suggested amount is $ 20,020 AUD per year of course (does not include course or plane tickets, only maintenance).
  • The processing time of the Migration Department is between 4 and 8 weeks for this visa, so you must apply allowing enough time and have all the required information to avoid delays or rejections.
  • You might be required to undertake medical examinations and fingerprinting at additional cost.

If your passport is from Argentina, Chile, Peru, Spain or Uruguay and you are between 18 and 30 years old, this visa allows you to work, travel and study in Australia for up to 1 year.

  • It requires a functional level of English to be able to work without problems
  • It requires demonstrating your education level
  • You can work unlimited hours but not more than 3-6 months with the same employer
  • You must have enough funds (minimum $ 5,000AUD) to be able to live the first weeks without work
  • You can study a course up to 4 months of duration
  • The cost of the application for this visa is $ 450 AUD (does not include biometrics, translations, or medical exams if requested)

As educational agents, we cannot offer immigration advice, however, we have a partner immigration lawyer (I-migration) that can advise you with the whole process to live permanently in Australia and study if you wish so too. Click here for more information on this area.


    Interested in this Visa


    Agendar Cita