AVAILABLE COURSES FOR ALL LEVELS | DURATION FROM 4 TO 48 WEEKS.
English courses for international students are known as English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS).
There are around 300 ELICOS education centers in Australia and can be both independent and exclusively dedicated to English schools or language centers within universities and other institutions. Which to choose? The difference relies on the methodology and the purpose for which you want to study English.
- They are considered full-time courses when they are at least 20 hours a week.
- The duration of the courses is between 4 and 48 weeks
- They are offered at all levels from beginner to advanced
- They are generally flexible on their start dates
- Students can usually take a placement exam the same day they start the course, although some of them have a minimum entrance requirement.
- English courses can be packed with higher education courses.
Existe una gran variedad de opciones para todos los niveles de inglés y presupuestos. Estos son los costos promedio que debes considerar para estudiar inglés en Australia
Las clases se cotizan por semanas y el costo promedio es de $305AUD por semana
Todos los colegios tienen un costo de admisión/inscripción/administración
Deberás comprar el material para tus cursos, tu libro y copias son lo más común y el monto dependerá del tiempo que estudies o del número de cursos que tomes
Deberás considerar otros gastos como excursiones, salidas con tu grupo, exámenes de inglés, etcétera.
FROM CERT IV TO ADVANCE DIPLOMAS | DURATION FROM 3 MONTHS UP TO 2.5 YEARS
In Australia there are Vocational Education & Training courses (VET) that allow you to combine theory and practice to gain qualifications recognized by the country’s industry.
These courses are usually taken before a degree (bachelor), however, if you already have this degree, you can take vocational courses to change your career or expand your skills related to your current profession, gain practical experience or develop your personal interests.
Quite often, these courses are considered for revalidation of studies in case you want to do a degree in Australia, gaining time and experience at the same time.
These courses are offered in TAFE institutions (Technical and Further Education) and in some universities that have this division of studies.
- High school or equivalent (Australian year 10 -12) depending on the program
- Minimum English IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Cover the tuition fees.
- Community and health services
- Information and communications technology
- Arts and design
- Engineering and construction
- Tourism and restaurant industry
- Agriculture, fishing, livestock and forestry
- Sports and recreation
There is a wide variety of options for all levels of English and budgets. These are the average costs you should consider to study English in Australia
- Classes are quoted per week and the average cost is $ 305AUD per week
- All schools have a cost of admission/enrollment/administration
- You must buy the material for your courses, your book and copies are the most common and the amount will depend on the time you study or the number of courses you take
- You should consider other expenses such as excursions, outings with your group, English exams, etc.
HIGHER EDUCATION COURSES
BACHELOR’S DEGREE, MASTER’S DEGREE OR DOCTORATE | DURATION 1 TO 4 YEARS
Study your bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate in one of the 41 universities in the country. Courses generally start in February or July depending on the institution.
The duration of the programs can be semi-annual or quarterly, depending on the institution as well. PhD students can negotiate the start date on some occasions with their research supervisors.
- English requirements: All university courses have an English requirement which may vary from institution to institution. If you do not meet the requirement, you can take classes in the language center of your university or look for an external English school that offers a valid articulation with your university.
- Cover Tuition fees
- Academic requirements: All institutions have different requirements depending on the program but the most common are:
Accreditation of Year 12 (high school) in Australia or the equivalent in your country (high school) for diplomas and bachelors. Some programs also request portfolios and propaedeutic courses or certificates.
Have a bachelor’s degree (bachelor’s or engineering degree) in Australia or in your country for graduate programs, master’s degrees and doctorates; in addition to work experience in most cases.
The costs of an academic university program in Australia vary greatly depending on the quality of the school, the duration and the city you choose. As an example, a bachelor in Australia can cost $ 20,000AUD per year on average.
THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO CHOOSE COURSE
In this article you’ll find: The essential tips to prepare for a professional job interview in Australia Tips to be…
One of the biggest concerns students have when moving to another country is how to find a job in their…
Anyone could say that studying abroad is a dream, because it represents the illusion we have to travel, to know…