Crucial things & information to consider before studying in Australia
To match your experience with your expectations, there are a few things that you can not miss off sight when planning your studies!
Here is a list of the most important things you MUST consider before coming to Australia as an international student.
- You must be honest to yourself regarding your objectives (eligibility-PR)
- Australia is a prosperous country that offers opportunities to all equally, however, it is highly competitive.
- Australia is a safe country
- Australia is an expensive country compared to most Latin currencies, therefore, having savings is essential to go by the first months after arriving.
- Australia has a different English, and being able to communicate with others is a relevant factor when it comes to getting a job.
- Jobs for international students exist but there are limitations in terms of hours to work legally and your class timetables.
- You will most likely live with other students from around the world, therefore you need to be open-minded and non-judgemental.
- The education system is different to your country ́s system, you need to understand that some qualifications might not have the same curricular value or level.
- Living in another country without a support network will demand a lot of yourself.
- At the end of your course, you could be left feeling that there’s no clear direction ahead for you, so you must plan ahead to avoid falling into this.